Email marketing is an essential strategy for nonprofits and organizations seeking to engage with their audiences effectively. However, the success of email campaigns heavily relies on email deliverability, which refers to the ability of emails to reach the intended recipients' inboxes. To shed light on this crucial aspect of email marketing, EveryAction conducted the 2019 Email Deliverability Benchmarks Study. As an expert in email deliverability, I will delve into the key findings and insights from this study, helping you understand how to optimize your email deliverability and maximize campaign success.
Understanding the EveryAction 2019 Email Deliverability Benchmarks Study
The EveryAction 2019 Email Deliverability Benchmarks Study is a comprehensive report that explores the deliverability rates of nonprofit emails. It provides valuable data and analysis to help organizations gauge the effectiveness of their email marketing efforts and identify areas for improvement.
The study analyzed various factors influencing email deliverability, such as sender reputation, email content, engagement metrics, and industry benchmarks. By examining these factors, organizations can gain actionable insights to optimize their email campaigns for better deliverability and engagement.
Key Findings and Insights
The EveryAction 2019 Email Deliverability Benchmarks Study yielded several significant findings that can shape your email marketing strategies:
- Deliverability Rates: The study revealed that nonprofits with poor email deliverability rates were potentially leaving up to 20% of their emails undelivered. This highlights the importance of maintaining a clean and engaged email list to enhance deliverability.
- Sender Reputation: The study emphasized the critical role of sender reputation in determining email deliverability. Nonprofits with positive sender reputations were more likely to have their emails delivered to recipients' inboxes.
- Email Engagement: Higher engagement rates, such as open and click-through rates, positively influenced email deliverability. Organizations should focus on creating engaging content to improve their deliverability metrics.
- SPAM Complaints: A high number of SPAM complaints adversely impacted email deliverability. Minimizing SPAM complaints through relevant and targeted content is essential to maintain a positive sender reputation.
- Email List Hygiene: Regularly cleaning and segmenting email lists can significantly improve deliverability rates, ensuring that emails reach the most interested and engaged recipients.
By incorporating these findings into your email marketing strategy, you can take proactive steps to enhance your email deliverability and overall campaign success.
Improving Email Deliverability: Best Practices
Based on the insights from the EveryAction 2019 Email Deliverability Benchmarks Study, here are some best practices to optimize your email deliverability:
- Quality Over Quantity: Focus on building a high-quality email list with engaged subscribers rather than focusing solely on growing your list size.
- Engaging Content: Create personalized and engaging content that resonates with your audience, encouraging them to open, read, and interact with your emails.
- Email Segmentation: Segment your email list based on demographics, interests, and engagement levels to deliver more targeted and relevant content.
- Email Authentication: Implement authentication protocols like SPF, DKIM, and DMARC to establish sender authenticity and prevent email spoofing.
- Monitor Engagement Metrics: Regularly analyze open rates, click-through rates, and bounce rates to gain insights into your email campaign's performance and adjust your strategy accordingly.
- Email List Cleaning: Regularly clean your email list to remove inactive and invalid email addresses, reducing the chances of emails bouncing or being marked as SPAM.
By adopting these best practices, you can significantly improve your email deliverability, resulting in higher engagement and better campaign results.
Impact of Email Deliverability on Campaign Success
Email deliverability directly impacts the success of your email marketing campaigns. Low deliverability rates can lead to wasted resources, missed opportunities, and reduced audience engagement. Conversely, high deliverability rates result in better reach and engagement, positively impacting campaign outcomes.
Organizations with strong email deliverability benefit from:
- Increased Visibility: Emails reaching the inbox are more likely to be seen and engaged with by recipients.
- Enhanced Donor Engagement: Higher deliverability leads to increased donor engagement, fostering stronger relationships and donor retention.
- Improved Fundraising Results: Engaged donors are more likely to contribute to your cause, leading to improved fundraising results.
- Higher Conversion Rates: Emails that reach engaged recipients are more likely to convert into actions, such as donations, registrations, or volunteer sign-ups.
Ultimately, the success of your email marketing efforts is closely tied to your email deliverability rates. By prioritizing and optimizing deliverability, you can unlock the full potential of your email campaigns and achieve your organizational goals more effectively.
The EveryAction 2019 Email Deliverability Benchmarks Study provides valuable insights for nonprofits and organizations seeking to enhance their email marketing efforts. By understanding the key findings and implementing best practices, you can significantly improve your email deliverability, boost engagement with your audience, and drive success in your campaigns.
Email marketing remains a powerful tool for nonprofits to connect with their supporters, donors, and stakeholders. As an expert in email deliverability, I encourage you to leverage the insights from the study to build stronger email campaigns and achieve your mission with greater impact.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is the EveryAction 2019 Email Deliverability Benchmarks Study publicly available?
Yes, the EveryAction 2019 Email Deliverability Benchmarks Study is publicly available and can be accessed on the EveryAction website or other platforms.
2. Can the study be useful for organizations outside the nonprofit sector?
While the study is primarily focused on nonprofits, many of the insights and best practices are applicable to organizations across various industries.
3. Are there any newer studies on email deliverability?
Email deliverability trends and best practices continue to evolve. It is recommended to stay updated with the latest industry studies and reports to ensure you are using the most relevant strategies.
4. Is email deliverability only affected by sender reputation?
No, email deliverability is influenced by multiple factors, including sender reputation, email content, engagement metrics, and adherence to email authentication protocols.
5. Can email deliverability be improved quickly?
Email deliverability improvement requires a consistent effort to maintain a clean email list and engage with recipients positively. Significant improvements may take time, but they are worth the investment.
As an expert in email deliverability, I hope this article has provided you with valuable insights and actionable strategies to elevate your email marketing efforts. Remember that by prioritizing email deliverability, you can strengthen your connections with your audience and achieve greater impact for your organization.